Tuesday, September 16

Jokes about 2008 Republican Vice Presidential Candidates

Election season means opportunities for funny:

-The almost always great George Saunders has this hilariously incoherent piece up on The New Yorker website.
Why people love Sarah Palin is, she is a Regular. That is also why they love me. She did not go to some Élite Ivy League college, which I also did not. Her and me, actually, did not go to the very same Ivy League school. Although she is younger than me, so therefore she didn’t go there slightly earlier than I didn’t go there. But, had I been younger, we possibly could have not graduated in the exact same class. That would have been fun. Sarah Palin is hot. Hot for a politician. Or someone you just see in a store. But, happily, I did not go to college at all, having not finished high school, due to I killed a man. But had I gone to college, trust me, it would not have been some Ivy League Élite-breeding factory but, rather, a community college in danger of losing its accreditation, built right on a fault zone, riddled with asbestos, and also, the crack-addicted professors are all dyslexic.

-Literary humor site regular Eric Feezell has this one up at The Morning News.

Q: How do you tell the difference between a child in a third-world country and abstinence-only sex education?

A: One works.

-And finally of course, there's the hysterical SNL video, featuring Tina Fey as Gov. Palin and Amy Proehler as Sen. Hillary Clinton.



GOV. PALIN: Reporters and commentators, stop using words that diminish us. Like pretty. Attractive. Beautiful...

SEN. CLINTON: Harpy. Shrew. Boner-shrinker.

---

SEN. CLINTON: I didn't want a woman to be president. I wanted to be president.

No comments: