Wednesday, January 18

I know semi-famous people

I should be writing or sleeping right now, but I just read a fascinating article on The Morning News and I feel compelled to tell you, reader, about it. The article concerned reality TV shows and their psychological effects on their contestants, and like all well-written things
(and The Discovery Channel), it piqued my own curiosity concerning the topic.

It made me think about a girl I went to high school with (I'd venture to even maybe call her a friend) who was a contestant on the Real World San Diego. When I first heard about her being on the show, I was really happy for her, and interested to find out what it was like. But I never asked her about it, and the whole idea of it isn't really that exciting anymore. Still, thanks to this article, I'm again very tempted to do my own journalistic research. Not because I want to talk to someone "famous" or to say I talked to someone famous, but because I think it's interesting as hell.

Thoughts on reality TV--love it or hate it? Or both?

I have to say I've actually grown pretty indifferent to it these days. It's interesting to analyze and read about, but, honestly, I get bored with these people.

But not this one:

Congratulations, C. You know you've made it when the question who is hotter, you or Haylie Duff, is asked. As for me, I'm still getting put up against the likes of William Hung in the hotness contest--and losing.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget about Radio!! :)

Robb said...

I guess I'd have to say that reality TV is still somewhat of a guilty pleasure for me.
And as for Cameran, what is she doing now? Do we know?

James said...

Of course not, Kathryn. He doesn't merely get "semi-famous" ranking, but "semi-institution/icon" status.

As far as Cameran, I think she's living in Denver, Robb. The think the last time I talked to her she said she was doing stuff with NFL Films.

Anonymous said...

James- You are also hotter than chou yung fat, little richie and carrot top.
-Alden

James said...

Have you seen Carrot Top lately, Alden? He's SWOLL.

James said...

B, my self-esteem is now soaring. As Sherman Alexie would say, "Like a fucking eagle or something."

And for someone who has disavowed television, you sure do know a lot about reality TV...

Just sayin',
James

James said...

If you had facebook, you would be able to see that I already am in the process of making myself ten times hotter. Sherman Alexie is one of my heroes--not because of his award-winning, anthologized, funny and sad short stories, but because of, you guessed it, his coiffure.

Sherman Alexie Stole My Hairstyle and Other Stories= the working title of my first book

Anonymous said...

i swear, if you allow yourself to have a mullet, i will dutifully beat you.

xosam

James said...

Got mullet-tude??

Because I sure as hell do.

James said...

Benny, you want it; you've got it.