What I did this weekend, in narrative and approximated conversations:
1) Signed on at a temp agency. The guy at the agency asked how I had heard of them. "Google," I responded. "I liked the website. It had an airplane on it." What can I say? I'm quite a deep thinker.
2) Got drunk. Both nights.
3) Got hit on by 15 year-old girls outside the Safeway.
Grossly underage girl: "Hey! I'm taking off my pants!"
Me: "Do you or don't you want me to buy you cigarettes?"
4) Saw the band Rogue Wave live and for free. They rocked. And I got to meet them after the show. Really solid guys.
5) Tried haggis. Haggis! It tasted like seasoned rice, but with a strange sandy and liver-like flavor. Ultimately revolting: One bite was tolerable, five (like I had) was disgusting.
6) Hiked the scenic Sutro Baths and Point Lobos with a friend.
7) Received "the eye" at Robert Burns night at a bar from a pretty girl who I later talked to and found attended Princeton, who later dissed me.
Me: "Where did you go to college?"
Girl: "Princeton. You?"
Girl: [Blank look]
Me: "It's in South Carolina."
Girl: [Contined blank look]
Me: "Ever heard of it?"
Me: "Well, I've never heard of Princeton either."
Girl: "Nice meeting you."
That's pretty much the gist of it. She thought I looked like someone she knew. Someone she knew that she was madly attracted to. Apparently, she was mistaken.
Here's the Cliff House:
And an example of my sophomoric humor: