Saturday, October 29

Berkeley proper

Sorry there haven't been updates in a while, but I've been busy with my other project: trying to find a job. I auditioned to teach for KAPLAN, a test preparation company, Wednesday night in Berkeley and poked around other avenues as well. For the audition we had to prepare a 5-minute "How To" presentation. After shooting down ideas like "How to Pick Up Girls at Gas Stations" and "How to Dance to Phish Like a Real Hippie", I finally decided on "How to Make a Blog People Will Read...and Love!"

A sidenote about Berkeley: It has a bunch of liberal-looking people and a bunch of different kinds of restaurants, all next to each other. On one block of Shuttuck Ave. (one of the major streets near the university), there was a Vietnamese place, an Indian, and a retro burger and shake joint. Even more than the restaurants or the liberals, though, Berkeley has a lot, and I mean A LOT, of panhandlers. As in loads more than San Francisco proper (yes, I said "proper") or New York. Which is to say, gratuitous amounts. So either bring your change or your "approach at your own risk" prick face.

Anyway, so that's why I haven't been updating lately. Here's a link to a rather ridiculous and amusing website: X-treme Platform Jumping School My way of making it up to you, loyal reader!

No comments: