(i will, however, be back down south june 18-25, so if you're around, call or email and i will do my damndest to visit or at least explain why i'm unable to [probably laziness -- or "the heat"].)
some random/recent news/happenings:
- moved to a new apt, about forty yards away from my old one. but now my address includes the word "broadway", which is infinitely cooler than the previous "claremont".
- undertaken a mission: "four languages, four instruments, four years". this isn't four new languages or instruments but rather four total languages and instruments.
- joined a band. as of now, i will function as bass player slash "multi-instrumentalist". we are currently trying to come up with a name and updates (and mp3's!) are forthcoming. the band is, as my friend christina would say, somewhat ruefully, "indie pop". think the shins meets t-rex meets weezer and you're probably not too far off.
- saw sherman alexie read
- thought it was awesome
- wrote nearly six hours today
- updated my blog for the first time in almost a month
- wilco "sky blue sky"
- the new justice album
- fat city by leonard gardner
- hal hartley's henry fool