Sunday, December 25

Christmas is a humbug.

I don't really feel like going into too much, but this past Christmas day has been, in the words of Ebeneezer Scrooge, a "humbug". Keyphrases regarding my Christmas include: "no presents other than cash", "soup for dinner", "brown Christmas", and "only half of family here".

Add to this list "was thought to be gay by new friend met over intranet" and the day's complete.

This is why I don't like to make a big deal out of things like the holidays, my birthday, Jesus' birthday, etc.

The more you expect, the less you get.

Bleh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For what it's worth, I never thought you were gay.

Also, it's been raining all over the place here for over a week, so you're not missing much. Besides the overwhelming romanticism of moping while staring out the window at all the rain, that is.

James said...

Score!

California rain both surprises and depresses me. Just the idea of it seems so antithetical.

It's sunny and sixty in South Carolina today.